Updates......

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Monday 2 March 2009

"Food" by Jade M, Age 10, Class 3

*****************************

Food

I don’t like food… especially if it’s healthy. I like Chocolate and sweets, but I do not like Apples, Carrots, Oranges, Pears, Tomatoes, Leaks, Potatoes, Runner Beans, Peas, Cheese and Lettuce. Those sort of things! Just think of it… YUCK! Who would want to eat that sort of stuff. It makes me swell up and go all green and spotty, (just like the food!) but the worst bit is when I smell it!


When I was a child… I got my head stuck in a bowl of peas, don’t ask me how… it’s a long story. It stank, I had to have my head in there for three hours! That was how long it took to get in the door of the doctors, then I had to wait another hour to actually see the doctor. Several other children were like me… one had a bright purple bucket on her head, (you couldn’t miss her!). Another had an old rusty saucepan stuck on his head, he kept bumping into people. After I got the bowl off my head, I did not want to smell such an awful, cruel and vial smell again!

“Oh please darling, just try something?” my mother moaned,

“Noooooooo!” I shouted, “I don’t like food! It’s yucky and stinks like old socks!”

“Oh please, just a bit! Just a little, little piece of fruit?” my mum begged.

“Oh stop being so stupid mum!!! Grow up!” I screamed as a ran out of the room in a strop. Just as I ran out the room I saw my mum standing still looking at the wall and a tear running down her face. A tear of true guilt ran through my head. I felt bad but still I just walked on and left my poor mother there, all alone crying.

“Mum?” I asked later on, poking my head into the kitchen. She had a big black bag and was throwing food from the fridge and the cupboard… but, it wasn’t any food it was all the chocolate and sweets. The food I love! “MUM! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!” I screamed. “Stop it! Stop!” I shouted.

“No, I will not!” she shouted… “All your life all you have ate is junk food. Well now… I am sick of it, for the first time in your life you will eat...something...healthy!” My mother shouted grabbing me and holding me tight.

I took a couple of steps back, I was scared… mum had never shouted at me before, I get away with everything… but now I’m not going to! I was in big trouble, all because of food. I had to start eating healthy stuff, all the stuff I hate.

That night at the diner table, mum placed a big plate of food in front of me. It had on it carrots, lettuce, apples and… peas!

“Ehh!” I shouted, “I’m not eating that!” My mother looked at me and frowned,“You will! Or you will go to bed with nothing, at all to eat!” Then my mum left the room.

“Yes, I will mum.” I muttered. I didn’t like my mum how she was now, it was like someone had hypnotised her… it was like it wasn’t her. I took another disgusted look at my plate.
'Yucky! Where’s the chicken and the burgers and, and, and the, the fatty, lovely foods, that I love!' I thought to my self.

I went to push the plate away from me, but then I thought… this is not going to get better until I eat something healthy! This is not going to get better unless I stand up to my fears… conquer my worries… eat, peas!!! I gripped my fork in my hand and then scooped a fork full of vegetables and up into my mouth. My face dropped… they tasted disgusting! But then, with one mighty gulp, I swallowed down the vegetables.

By Jade M Age 10 Class 3

*****************************

No comments: