Updates......

**************************************************
IN PREPARATION FOR KERNOW INK PLEASE NOW USE THIS NEW EMAIL: kernowink@googlemail.com
**************************************************


Wednesday 15 October 2008

'The Black and White Cat' by Jade M, Age 10, Class 3

****************************

The Black and White Cat
.
A black and white cat jumped onto my garden wall and then walked along it proudly like it owns the place! I, me, little old Jenny Tay went inside and called for my brother
“Mike, mike come quick there is a really cute cat on top on the garden wall and I want you to get it down for me! Mike come on!” I said as I tugged at his arm.
“Ok, ok I am coming, I am coming!” He said.
.
When we ran out side I saw the cute black and white cat and shouted, “There it is get it Mike, get it!”
“Where, where I do not see it!” He shouted back looking all around.
“There it is silly, right there,” I said pointing to it.
“What do you mean Jenny there is nothing there!” Mike said confused.
“I do not understand! It’s there right there…” Then I felt a sharp pain in my foot and I heard a voice in my ear it said, “Hush little girl you do not want your brother thinking your mad! Ha, ha, ha! The cat is there you are just the only one who can see it! You see, Magic here has chosen you!”
“Chosen me for what?”
“Hush little girl, hush you will very soon find out! Ha, ha, ha!”
I slowly walked into the house looking back at the cat, but the third time I looked back… the cat was gone! That night I could not sleep, I could not stop thinking about the sudden sharp pain in my foot, the strange voice in my ear and the black and white cat only I could see! Then I heard a, “Meow, meow!” outside my window, maybe it is the cute black and white cat, Magic! I slowly pulled back the curtain and looked out of the window, there she was Magic my Magic! I opened the window and let Magic in. “Hello, Magic,” I said and then went to pick her up. Then I got another sudden sharp pain in my foot! And so one can not come with out the other, then came the voice in my ear! “Little girl.. do not touch her! Ha, ha, ha!” Then the voice stopped and I stepped back from Magic.
The next night when I went to sleep Magic would not be quiet! “Meow! Meow!” Magic then went on!
“Magic please be quiet!" Then all was silent, I sat up and looked around. The window was open and Magic had gone!
I ran to the open window and shouted, “Magic where are you, please Magic come back! I did not mean to shout. Please come back magic… you’re the only friend I have!”
Then the sudden pain came again and then the voice, “The only friend you have, well maybe you should treat her a little bit better!”
“Yes, yes I will!”
“Well… ok then, you can have her back but next time she’s not going to come back! Now sleep little girl and she will be there in the morning. Ha, ha, ha!” I got back in bed and went to sleep, just like the voice told me to.
The next morning I went downstairs for breakfast. “Morning Jenny,” My Mum said “And how are you today?”
“Fine thank you Mum just got to bed late.” Then I had the sudden pain in my foot and then came the voice, “Late night! More like Magic kept you awake all night with her Meow’s and Moan’s! Go on little girl tell them, tell them about Magic, tell them how only you can see her! Ha, ha, ha! Go on tell them… little girl!”
“My name is Jenny Tay!” I shouted out loud then ran off.
“Oh, Jenny dear what is the matter with you?” My Mum asked.
“Nothing, just leave me alone!” I shouted back. I ran up the stairs and into my bedroom I buried my face into my pillow and started to cry! “Everything has gone wrong!” I shouted.
“Meow!” Magic went as she jumped up on to my bed.
“Oh go away Magic! It is all your thought! All of this is you and your sudden pains in my foot, you and that voice, that horrible, horrible voice!” I shouted out and then cried again. When I looked around at Magic she shut her eyes and then disappeared! “Good, I am glad you are gone! All you have brought me is misery!” I screamed at the open window.
Then came the pain and then the voice “You have really pushed it now little girl, she will not come back and now you will be sorry… because you have upset the Witches Black and White Cat! Ha, ha, ha!”
“Are you the… the… witch?”
"Well indeed I am, little girl.”
“My name is Jenny Tay!” I shouted.
“Well Jenny Tay, yes I am the Witch and Magic is my cat and she is controlled by me, every breath she takes, every step she walks and every meow she meow’s, they are all controlled by me. You know, if I wanted to… I could stop her from taking a breath or even two or even three or even… none at all! Do you want me to do that? Do you want me to kill her?”

“No, no please she does not deserve to die!”
“Yes I know, she does not. She did not want to meow all through the night, she did not want to leave you, she is a nice little cat in side, deep, deep, inside!”
“Why are you doing this to me, why are you doing this to Magic?” I shouted out.
“Oh well… because Magic chose you, she chose you to help her,”
“Help her do what, help her do what?”
“Well free her of course! Silly! Now it is time for you to make a choice of your own! You can either… leave Magic and be a free child but the guilt of Magic’s suffering will live in your heart forever! Or Magic can be free to live a normal life and be loved but you would be trapped in a magical prison far, far away… forever! The choice is yours, Miss Jenny Tay,”
“Forever! But I do not want to be trapped in a prison forever! But I want Magic to be happy,” At that moment I saw Magic’s big green emerald eyes and all I saw was unhappiness. I could not take it any more! “Magic can live a happy and loving life and I shall have to stay in a magical prison… forever.”
“Ah Jenny Tay, very kind indeed, it is now the fact if I will let Magic go after all! Ha, ha, ha!” “No!!!” I shouted out and with that I was there, I was in the magical prison, it was just a cave but when I felt the air it felt of dark magic. I never knew if the old witch let Magic free, I hope she did! But the thing is I never saw her face, but when I looked into Magic’s eyes, the pain and unhappiness that I saw, trapped my heart right there… right then.
.
You see, Little Jenny Black made that choice because she knew she could not take it, she knew she could not take a life of guilt. She is still out there in that magical prison, trapped there forever! No one does know if the little old witch let poor Magic go, that is one mystery that will not be solved.
The End.


by Jade M, Age 10, Class 3
*****************************

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome Story Jade, keep writing as you clearly have talent!
Michelle

Anonymous said...

so long and so gr8